Primary Care Association (PCA) and Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) staff were invited to join the STAR2 Center team for a monthly webinar series focused on workforce professional development. Series topics were designed to align with current workforce initiatives led by the Bureau of Primary Health Care and enable attendees to work with their member health centers to develop comprehensive workforce plans. This “train the trainer” series aimed to bolster workforce efforts internally at PCAs and HCCNs in order to provide a robust support system for recruitment and retention efforts at health centers.
- November 5, 2020 – Overview and Discussion of Health Center Workforce Training and Technical Assistance Needs
- December 10, 2020 – Strategic Workforce Planning and the STAR² Center’s Retention & Recruitment Plan Template
- January 14, 2021 – Retention Topics as Part of a Comprehensive Workforce Plan
- February 11, 2021 – Key Elements of Recruitment Planning
- March 11, 2021 – How COVID-19 Has Changed Health Center Recruitment & Retention
- April 8, 2021 – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Recruitment & Retention Planning