This one-pager covers the Primary Care Residency Expansion (PCRE) program that was created by the Health Resources and Services Administration in 2010 to help address the shortage of primary care physicians. If historical graduate placement trends for funded programs remain stable, the PCRE program would have a potential impact of more than 600 new physicians working in primary care.
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
- Rural Healthcare Provider Retention Strategies
Robert Graham Center