With continued population aging trends, low annual birth rate, and expected health insurance expansion, it is vital that physician workforce policy be aimed at meeting population needs to deliver optimal primary care. To better understand trends in the primary care physician workforce, we have examined the growth of family physicians, general pediatricians, and general internists providing direct patient care.
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
- Rural Healthcare Provider Retention Strategies
Robert Graham Center