In this 2017 presentation, HOP addressed organizational self-care – a broad organizational approach to foster a healthy and supportive work environment that can reduce burnout and improve staff satisfaction and retention. The presenters demonstrated the importance of organizational self-care for the sustainability of health centers, explained concepts around compassion fatigue and burnout, and proposed strategies to support organizations in establishing a culture of self-care.
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
- Rural Healthcare Provider Retention Strategies