Hello! My name is Dani Marchman, LCSW, and I am the Behavioral Health Clinical Director at Lifelong Medical Care, an FQHC in the bay area, California. I am new to this role, having worked before in community mental health. We have a wide range of program types outside our 7 integrated clinics, including supportive housing, homelessness services drop in and street outreach, and residential AOD tx for pregnant and parenting women. We continue to struggle with recruiting diverse staff to match the patient population we serve, particularly African-American and Spanish-speaking therapists. We do relatively well with retention, but could always improve. We want to be better known as a diverse and anti-racist organization. We also want to better match our candidates to our short-term model of care, which is hard as some therapists really want to do depth work, and many of our clients could certainly benefits from this. We also want to create better support for our growing number of therapists and Associate social workers so they will stay even longer.

Forgot your details?

X