Hi, Jennifer:

This is a great question! The metrics that you adopted for your clinical setting are some of the most commonly used and can often be tweaked for individual performance. When it comes to the employee you want to seek out “people metrics” and the best approach is to establish goals that can have the SMART method applied (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timebound).

Begin with the job description – what should they be doing, to what level of success/completion, and by when? Quality and quantity metrics should be included and consider using a satisfaction survey to simply see how they are connecting with the work and the environment.

Consider words like:
– process
– complete
– designed
– develop
– complete
…. to establish metrics.

Those words make it about the person. You can also sit with the team member and construct unique metrics. I recently had a team complete a survey and I asked them, “how do you measure success in your role?” and the answers ranged from meeting deadlines, saving the company money to the feedback they receive from providers.

In the words of Stephen Covey, “Begin with the end in mind” …. what needs to be done and what milestones can/should be met to ensure they are on the path to achieve it.

I hope this helps! We can definitely go deeper during the town hall if you want to share one roll you are considering.

~April

Forgot your details?

X