This paper provides background on how Health Centers can partner with academic institutions or residency programs to offer service learning programs at Health Centers and thereby foster interest in Health Center careers among the next generation of oral health professionals. The paper explores different collaboration models and provides suggestions about issues for Health Centers to consider when deciding whether to launch such a program.
- Supporting the minority physician pipeline: providing global health experiences to undergraduate students in the United States-Mexico border region
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
National Network for Oral Health Access