NACHC has a long-standing partnership with A.T. Still University (ATSU) to educate, train, and recruit high-quality, community-minded healers–physicians and dentists–for health centers. This partnership includes a strategy to recruit applicants from populations served by Community Health Centers. Twice yearly, NACHC requests health center leaders to consider patients, employees, and children as the next generation of healers, and to assist in recruitment of these individuals by encouraging them to apply to the dental or medical schools.
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
- Rural Healthcare Provider Retention Strategies
National Association of Community Health Centers, ATSU