These days, providers in many health care settings are feeling burned out. What about providers who work with underserved patients, who face greater barriers to good health than other patients? In this video, Dr. Nia Zalamea, faculty for the IHI Open School course PFC 101: Introduction to Patient-Centered Care, explains what sustains her as a provider working with underserved patients in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Supporting the minority physician pipeline: providing global health experiences to undergraduate students in the United States-Mexico border region
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
Institute for Healthcare Improvement