This session was recorded on May 13, 2020. Dr. Torey Mack, Deputy Associate Administrator for Bureau of Health Workforce, spoke about burnout and its effect on turnover, as well as steps that HRSA is taking to combat the issue at health centers. Alexia Eslan, Senior Consultant at John Snow Inc. spoke about turnover and it’s impact on providers and organizations overall. Finally, Suzanne Speer, Director of Workforce Development for ACU, spoke about the financial implications of turnover and showcased one of the STAR² Center’s tools available to help assess the true cost of turnover at an organization.
- Supporting the minority physician pipeline: providing global health experiences to undergraduate students in the United States-Mexico border region
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion