You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic has 22 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Sandra Tatum Green.

• Author

• Hi, Everyone!

Welcome to the Discussion Board for our collaborative. Please use this space to ask questions and engage with colleagues.

I look forward to supporting you over the next several months!

~April

• Hello there,
        I missed the first session as we have totally different dates and time. I hope to be able to catch on the next session which will be 10/8/20 6am my time hehe.

• Hi Inouefich,

We are very excited to have you be part of the learning collaborative. All of our times are on the Eastern time zone and we do post the recording , PowerPoint, and other materials here on the discussion board for anyone who can’t make it. I know we truly appreciate your dedication especially at 6 am! We wanted to try to fit in as many time zones as possible and thank you for brining this up, so we can continue to improve our time selections.

Thanks,
          Michelle

• Hi everyone!

I want to echo April’s and Mariah’s welcome messages and look forward to building an engaging community that supports each of you in this learning collaborative. After each virtual session, please stop by the discussion board to review the posted resources. You can also ask questions and create discussions. I am here to help and answer any questions.

Thanks,
      Michelle

• Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week and will have a wonderful weekend. This is a friendly reminder to complete the homework as preparation for the second session.

Thank you so much,
      Michelle

• Hi Michelle,

I hope all is well. Are we to submit the homework prior to Session 2 or just have it completed and be prepared to discuss during session 2?

• Hi, Sandra!

We are not expecting you to submit your homework. We will just use it as part of our open discussion. You are welcome to share anything here!

See you Wednesday!
          April

• Thanks for your reply April… See you on Wednesday.

Have a good evening.

• Thank you so much April for the reply. Yep, we want to make sure that you feel comfortable in doing the homework and can share if you like, but definitely do not have to, thanks!

• Good morning,

I thought I would share some of the characteristics of my “ideal” team : committed, dedicated, reliable, engaged, respectful, flexible, open-minded, solution oriented, proactive participation, humble.

My leadership style does not fall neatly into one category. I have a combination of leadership styles: Visionary, Transformative, Democratic, Coaching and sometimes Commanding depending on the circumstances, i.e. crisis/emergency. Visionary and Democratic being the most prevalent.

Looking forward to today’s session.

• Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for your reply and reflection. I think you self-assessment is so accurate to so many because there never is really “one” style. It is a mix because it really depends on the situation and what we need/feel/showcase in those moments. Looking forward to our conversation today.

Thanks,
        Michelle

• Thank you for sharing your insight! I LOVE that you said, “humble.” Taking an adaptive approach to your leadership styles is acceptable . The goal is to be responsive and authentic in suporting your team.

• Hello everyone,

Each week we are going to add to the resources section on here an implementation tip sheet that focuses on that week’s content to help you apply what you learn in your health center.

Thank you,
      Michelle

• IMO is on the “Coaching Leader Characteristics” slide. Can someone please refresh my memory of what IMO stands for?

Thanks.

• Hi, Sandra!

It means “In my opinion.” :-)

• Good morning April,

Thank you for your response. ..that’s what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I did not mess something. as different acronyms mean different things in different fields.

Also, I was wondering is it possible to get the PPT side deck prior to the sessions? This would be helpful as it would make note taking more seamless.

Thanks.

• Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for this feedback. Tomorrow the team is meeting and let me bring up that you asked for the ppt to be posted prior to the webinar. We definitely want to provide you with the materials in a way that is most effective for your learning. We usually work on the ppt until the day prior to ensure that all of the content is as up-to-date as possible and reflects the feedback we receive from attendees after each session, and that is why we post after the session. But, tomorrow I will add this request to the meeting agenda to make sure that we can provide you with an answer and ppts soon as possible. Thanks!

• Good morning Michelle,

I hope all is well. Thanks for presenting my request for consideration.

Have a wonderful day!

• Absolutely! We are here to give our attendees the best experience and help meet their learning need as best as possible. You have a wonderful day as well!

• Hi Sandra,

I wanted to let you know we will be posting the PowerPoints here on the discussion board ahead of the session. It will most likely be the day of the session. I hope that is alright and is able to help you. If you have any concerns about the timing just let me know.

Thanks,
            Michelle

• Good morning Michelle,

You’re awesome…thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?

X