You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic has 30 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ann H..

• Author

• Hi, all! Here is the assignment for this week. As a reminder, you can access the slides and recording from last week’s presentation under the Week 2 tab for reference.

• Here is the Word Document for this assignment!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • Anonymous

interested in learning about other FQHCs…

Attachments:
    • Also interested in sharing and learning from others. (the font is small so we could fit everything in)

• Anonymous

Hi Jazmine! Would you uploading your assignment again as it wasn’t attached here. Thank you!

• Happy to be a part of this group! Eager to learn from others!

Attachments:
    • Anonymous

Good activity. Forced us to think about this a little deeper. Does anyone in this group still post in local classifieds/newspapers for providers or other non-clinical positions? We do in Montana, and this made us think of cost/benefit of longer ads. Thoughts?

Attachments:
      • Hi Lander, our organization (in Virginia) uses our primary care association to help recruit providers, but for front line and support staff, and “sometimes’ even provider staff, if we are having difficulties finding the right person (or any person), we do use local papers. We are geographically spread over a wide swath in Virginia so have to advertise in local papers if we are hoping to find someone local.
        We find, though, that a lot of people use Indeed and other on-line recruiting avenues. We also advertise within Associations.

• Anonymous

Thanks Debra. We have had some success with Indeed, particularly for executive/management type jobs. Most of our physician hires, I think, are coming from either local word of mouth or association postings. We still post our nonclinical positions in the papers, or sometimes in Facebook discussion groups for our small communities (maybe something for you to look into – some of our really rural, isolated communities have their own FB groups). . . . We have not had success with recruiters.

• Hi Lander –

My experience is for small rural communities, the newspaper can still work. Although, supplementing that with ads on FB, Twitter and other mediums helps. People in rural communities still receive and read the local paper, unlike in larger cities where it is all online.

• Debbie Baber, CVHS.

Attachments:
      • Lots of good selling points here but one suggestion. Instead of saying, “the Psych NP will be expected to” I would say, “the Psych NP will be able to” as I think that sounds more inviting and less authoritative.

• Anonymous

Hi Folks! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone’s homework from last week. As a reminder, when uploading your document, please make sure you hit “Upload” after you choose the document, then hit “Save” to ensure it gets attached to your post. Let us know if you have any questions.

• It took me >5 tries to get it to upload and save! I guess it was a connectivity issue.

• Looking forward to the feedback and talking points.

Attachments:
      • Anonymous

Hi Kelly,
        Great language. I’m curious about what the alternative schedules look like? Part time? or something different? We are finding that we retain our 3 day/week providers MUCH longer than our 4 day/week providers. . . .but there are some significant costs in a number of areas to having multiple part-time providers. Would love to hear what you all have figured out.
        Thanks,
        Lander

• We actually have providers with hours ranging 20-40 /week. I can’t always get a provider what s/he wants but I let them all know that if something comes available, we can adjust their hours. I do require that most work at least one evening/week and one Saturday/month. So even for FT folks, they end up with an afternoon or morning off during the week which helps too. I’d say they average about 30-32 hours/week which would include 2 hours of admin. If they work 32 clinical hours/week, they get 4 hours of admin.

• Here is my assignment.

Attachments:
    • Hi Mary,

I’m interested in what your onboarding process looks like as it is something we’re continuously revising.

thanks!
      Sarah

• Hi Sarah- I would be happy to chat with you about what we are doing. We just launched a process for providers in the early Fall and are continuously tweaking. You are welcome to email me at mrenner@pickpeach.org or call me at 559-304-1643.

Mary

• Hi Mary –

I love your ad and homework. The only thing that I would suggest, based upon what we learned from Michelle, is possibly put the information about Peach Tree lower in the ad. Bullets 2, 3 and 4 caught my attention, and maybe one of those should be the first bullet. Those are my thoughts. Ann

• Here is my assignment.

Chris

I guess I am having uploading issues. When I hit upload the blue clock spins twice then disappears. I will try again later today.

Attachments:
      • Hi Chris –

Also feel free to email it to any of us and we can upload it on your behalf.

Ann

• I emailed it to you yesterday but I tried it again today and it seems the stars are aligned as it worked.

Thank you,
          Chris

• Perfect, I just got on to upload it and found your message! I like the twitter post and how you tie it in to “work that matters”

Ann

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?

X