You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Magda Vicente.

• Author

• You can access this week’s assignment attached below!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • My interviews start out with a welcome, did you have any issues finding our location, the weather, etc. as a warm up and then I explain that I have some preformatted questions to start with and they will be able to ask any questions regarding the position when those have been completed. I explain that every interviewee is asked these questions, they can utilize scenarios from a past or present employer and they can ask for the questions to be repeated. I have learned to ask open ended questions so the interviewee can elaborate as much or as little as they would like and I can use additional prompts if they don’t seem to be “getting” the question.
      1) Describe a typical day with a past or present employer and how you organized your day. How did you deal with distractions and changes in priorities? What were the outcomes?
      2) What would you check first if you found a billing discrepancy? How would you go about resolving it?
      3) Tell us about a time when you had a tight deadline for a project or task. How did you manager to complete in time and what was the outcome?
      4) Tell us about a time when you have dealt with a difficult insurance representative. What was the outcome of the situation?
      5) This position can be somewhat repetitive. What motivates you to do well and perform routine tasks?

• Our interviews start with welcoming the applicant and thanking them for coming in. We then ask them to give us a brief description of their work history. I like to tell them what the job is about and what my expectations are. Some typical questions are:
      1) Tell me about a difficult work situation and how you overcame it.
      2) What skills make you the most qualified for this position?
      3) How would your current/most recent employer describe you?
      4) How would you describe your own working style?

• 1) Have you ever found an error in your own work? How did it happen? What did you do about it?
      2) Tell us about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer/co-worker/patient.
      3) Tell us a about a boss that you found the hardest to work with. What made him or her so difficult to work with and how did you handle it.
      4) What kinds of pressures do feel in your job? How do you cope with them?
      5) Why do you want to work at Winding Waters?

We also have all interviewees take a full set of vitals on a person. We have a set of written directions that we give them and we encourage them to ask questions if they come up.

• Describe a time when you made an error in your work. What were the circumstances? What was the outcome? What did you do to correct and/or prevent the error in the future?

Thinking about your past jobs. What would you take forward from that job in this new position? What are the things that if you had a choice you would never have to deal with again?

What do you think your past manager will say about you? What are your three greatest strengths? What will your manager say you most need to work on?

Most jobs require you to handle multiple priorities. How have you organized and prioritized your work? What would you have done differently to increase your efficiency or effectiveness?

Tell me about a time when you had your greatest success in working as  a team. What specific results were accomplished by the team?

• Our interviews start with an overview of our company and discussion of our patient focused goals. I then run through a brief overview of the position. I allow time for the interviewee to ask questions in between during the overview. Then I move into what strengths they would bring to the organization and position. What their 5 year goals are? I ask if they could discuss one area that they would like grow in or improve over the next year.

• i always start by asking the interviewee – Did you have any problems finding our office?
      usually that makes them to start less anxious about being interviewed.
      I then follow by introducing who ever is in the room with me interviewing.
      I ask them if they are currently working and if they could tell me what a typical day for them in their current roll is.
      then i proceed to ask:
      1) Describe a time when you had to interact with a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?

2) When you’re working with a large number of customers, it’s tricky to deliver excellent service to them all. How do you go about prioritizing your customers’ needs?

3) We all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Tell me about a time you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a co-worker?

4) Sometimes it’s just not possible to get everything on your to-do list done. Tell me about a time your responsibilities got a little overwhelming. What did you do?

5) Do you prefer to communicate via email, phone or in-person? Why?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?

X