This column seeks to highlight some of the efforts currently underway to address workforce challenges that might also serve as models to others who also seek to expand and support the health care workforce. These efforts include new approaches to education, mentoring, residency programs, and leadership training.
- Developing a Pipeline for the Community-Based Primary Care Workforce and Its Leadership: The Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership’s Fellowship and Practitioner Programs
- Public Health Workforce Taxonomy
- Growth and Changes in the National Health Service Corps Workforce with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Shortages of Medical Personnel at Community Health Centers: Implications for Planned Expansion
- Rural Healthcare Provider Retention Strategies